Sunday, February 12, 2006

Starstruck

So I went on a retreat at Warwick House this weekend, and Scott Hahn, leading light of Evangelical converts to the Church, shows up as a retreatant. Of all the retreats in the world for me and Scott Hahn to show up at together, it had to be the silent one....sigh....

Scott Hahn Highlight #1: I'm sitting in the living room, reading Cassian's Conferences, and Dr. Hahn leans over and whispers "That's a great book." I feel like a 13-year old girl who's just met Britney Spears (or whoever it is that 13-year old girls get excited over nowadays)

Scott Hahn Highlight #2: I catch the good doctor in passing the next day, and politely corner him, recapping our story as X-Catholics, and thanking him for his work, as well as the influence he's had on my life. He graciously tells me "welcome home, " and that he appreciates our prayers...we then return to the discipline of silence. I am again reduced to 13-yr old girlhood. My wife is now thoroughly exasperated with me, as she claims that Scott Hahn probably thinks I am a total freakshow....

3 Comments:

Blogger Trent_Dougherty said...

"I am again reduced to 13-yr old girlhood"

You mean like when you were 13?

Seriously, that is cool and ironic.

Monday, February 13, 2006 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Frank Hogrebe said...

cool, Conan. make sure to send him a link to X-Catholics.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 10:45:00 AM  
Blogger Trent_Dougherty said...

Ya, true dat.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 9:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home