Thursday, May 04, 2006

Beggars for Heaven

A review of Jacques and Raïssa Maritain: Beggars for Heaven came out today in Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews. (link)

Last summer, before I converted my newsletter to a blog, I gave out several great links on this famous pair of intellectual Catholic converts. One of the reasons I converted it to a blog was so I could easily cross-reference such things. I'm sure, however, that this info on Raïssa Maritain--"Philosopher, Poet, Mystic"--was included.

There's a good Wikipedia article on Jacques. For more detailed analysis of his philosophy, there's a Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy article. It's written by William Sweet, Chair in the Department of Philosophy and Director of the Centre for Philosophy, Theology and Cultural Traditions, at St. Francis Xavier University, in Nova Scotia, Canada.

The both led fascinating lives full of intellectual curiosity and fecundity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home