Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Why am I not surprised?

Michael J. Fox Admits He Hasn't Read Missouri Stem Cell Research Prop
New York, NY (LifeNews.com) -- Actor Michael J. Fox has been on a national crusade late in this year's elections to promote candidates who back embryonic stem cell research. He started his campaign by slamming a pro-life candidate in Missouri and backing a massive proposal that would promote embryonic stem cell research and human cloning. However, the actor admitted in a weekend interview that he hasn't read the text of Missouri's Amendment 2. He also said he opposes cloning, even though the proposition promotes it. In an interview with ABC's "This Week" with host George Stephanopoulos, Fox, who suffers from Parkinson's disease, admit he hasn't read the lengthy Missouri embryonic stem cell research proposal he supports. "And so I have to qualify it by saying I'm not qualified to speak on the page-to-page content of the initiative," Fox admitted. Although, I am quite sure that I'll agree with it in spirit, I don't know, I – in full disclosure, I haven't read it, and that's why I didn't put myself up for it distinctly." Fox said he opposes human cloning, but Amendment 2 calls for human cloning for research purposes. He also said he opposes human egg farming, which the proposal could wind up promoting as well. Read the complete story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home